About the Brooklyn SDA Church
We are a multi-ethnic congregation joined together in the faith of Jesus Christ our Savior. We believe in the soon return of Jesus who concludes human history and will establish His Kingdom forever. Reviewing our past shows that by God’s providence the Brooklyn Seventh-day Adventist Church has a long-standing local heritage.
Historically, this church is a descendant of the First German Seventh-day Adventist Church organized on November 8, 1908 with a charter membership of ten people, thus having the distinction of being Cleveland’s second Adventist congregation at the time, following that of its mother church, then on Hough Avenue on the city’s east side. Through the years the German congregation grew and worshiped in two successive church buildings, first on West 14th Street for a number of years and then beginning in 1955 at the current site on State Road, both edifices being in predominantly German neighborhoods on the southwest side of town. By 1972, however, the German membership had declined considerably, in which case the church became English-speaking, bringing to it eventual growth; also, its name was changed to the Brooklyn Seventh-day Adventist Church, which remains to this day. Today, this church continues to share the blessed hope in the Brooklyn and surrounding area of greater Cleveland.*
*Historical information supplied by Michael J. Rebich.